Surprisingly, very few people know/knew that November is Native American Heritage Month. This is understandable because everything is focused on Christmas, and what’s that other holiday that comes after Halloween?….Oh yea, Thanksgiving. There are a lot of distractions drawing away from the celebration of the Native American contributions to this country. Just keep that in mind when out shopping and cooking that turkey or venison.
Posted in General and tagged culture, history by DJ Odawa with no comments yet.
Mother Nature Network - Latest News
- ‘Good Food Org Guide’ identifies non-profits cultivating a better food system
- Homeowner's lawn-to-garden transformation yields more than just vegetables
- How (and why) to write a love letter to yourself
- Vertical House: No-frills prefab abode from Muji is designed for tiny urban lots
- Do you want sugar in teaspoons on nutrition labels?
- Algae virus found capable of jumping to humans, causes cognitive impairment
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- One of the world's greenest urban green spaces is a pint-sized pocket park in Seattle