Surprisingly, very few people know/knew that November is Native American Heritage Month. This is understandable because everything is focused on Christmas, and what’s that other holiday that comes after Halloween?….Oh yea, Thanksgiving. There are a lot of distractions drawing away from the celebration of the Native American contributions to this country. Just keep that in mind when out shopping and cooking that turkey or venison.
Posted in General and tagged culture, history by DJ Odawa with no comments yet.
Mother Nature Network - Latest News
- How did the tooth fairy come to be?
- 10 weirdly wonderful lemur species
- 7 foods you can fry an egg in
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Why Shailene Woodley has a point about eating insects
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- Cities around the world to dim lights for Earth Hour