Surprisingly, very few people know/knew that November is Native American Heritage Month. This is understandable because everything is focused on Christmas, and what’s that other holiday that comes after Halloween?….Oh yea, Thanksgiving. There are a lot of distractions drawing away from the celebration of the Native American contributions to this country. Just keep that in mind when out shopping and cooking that turkey or venison.
Posted in General and tagged culture, history by DJ Odawa with no comments yet.
Mother Nature Network - Latest News
- Cape Cod's dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 30 states ban dangerous guardrails
- Panera outlines improvements to its animal welfare practices
- A day off from the Rolling Stones tour at the World Parks Congress
- Best books of 2014 in conservation photography
- Researchers say feeling younger can help you live longer
- Can the Girl Scouts attract the next generation?
- Cute cartoon shapes show how easily segregation occurs