Surprisingly, very few people know/knew that November is Native American Heritage Month. This is understandable because everything is focused on Christmas, and what’s that other holiday that comes after Halloween?….Oh yea, Thanksgiving. There are a lot of distractions drawing away from the celebration of the Native American contributions to this country. Just keep that in mind when out shopping and cooking that turkey or venison.
Posted in General and tagged culture, history by DJ Odawa with no comments yet.
Mother Nature Network - Latest News
- Should we limit visitors at national parks?
- It's raining men in Scandinavia
- Ancient structures found in cave could not have been built by us
- How a massive landslide created the landscape of Zion National Park
- Minneapolis and St. Paul's park systems are pretty much perfect
- How happy are we when we drink? (Yes, researchers have put a number on it)
- Lakomi the wolf loves her some belly rubs
- Physicists might have just discovered a fifth force of nature