Surprisingly, very few people know/knew that November is Native American Heritage Month. This is understandable because everything is focused on Christmas, and what’s that other holiday that comes after Halloween?….Oh yea, Thanksgiving. There are a lot of distractions drawing away from the celebration of the Native American contributions to this country. Just keep that in mind when out shopping and cooking that turkey or venison.
Posted in General and tagged culture, history by DJ Odawa with no comments yet.
Mother Nature Network - Latest News
- Astronauts go underground to train for space
- Town works to save 600-year-old oak
- Barnes & Noble's plan: Booze, bocce and books
- 5 foods to keep you moving as you age
- Carnivorous worms mimic the night sky to hunt moths
- 6 medical conditions that dogs can sniff out
- 9 inspiring renditions of the national anthem
- Wild boars use an internal compass to navigate